Saturday 1 September 2012

Smart girls get more/limited edition, shade number 55 (or as I like to call it- shocking green) from the spring/summer collection for 2012


The titles of my posts are getting longer with every new post?! What can I say? I like to write the name of the product but sometimes I also like to add something just mine... I don't do that often enough. One day I'll have a personal title and other times I'll get crazy in my posts. What kind of day is today? Still not sure...

Since today is a rainy and grey day (at least in Croatia) I decided to add a pop of colour.


It wasn't until recently that I got into Smart girls get more polishes. One sunny summer day I walked into DM and saw a beautiful stand in the store full of vibrant colours. I was immediately attracted to it...and although I am a cautious person I jumped on that wagon and bought several colours. Some might call it a summer fling?!
It began with yellow, continued with orange and here I am today with a green one. Shade number 55.


This is not a neon polish but the colour is so vibrant that you really don't need it to be a neon. It is definitely a statement polish! I got a ton of coments for it, and it will wake up even guys that will ask you "Honey, is there something different about you, today?" when you went from a long to short hair. They'll probably hate it.
Other type of guys that notice small things that we women do will probably say- Cool!
In my case, most people started with- "MAN....". That positive part of me wants to think that was a good thing. What do you say?


If you want to be cool, you can find this polish in DM. It costs 11,90 kunas (about 1.20 GBP, 1.60 Euros, $2). I am not affiliated with the brand or DM. Just saying.
Both the bottle and the brush are small. You get 5.5 ml of product. But don't let the size full you. The brush is quite good and easy to manage, and applying polish will be quite precise. Besides, this is not an everyday colour (for most of the people) and it would be got to match it with your wardrobe. That is why you won't be sad if you don't use it up, since you didn't pay loads of money for a trendy colour.

If there is anyone who would like to know more about the ingredients, here they are:
ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, acetyl tributyl citrate, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimelltic anhydride copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, stearalkonium hectorite, citric acid (+/-) mica, polyethylene terephtalate.

This polish has a shiny finish. You won't need a top coat for shine. I did a base coat and then went for a first coat of green polish.


one coat

As all the other polishes from this line, first coat didn't seem promising. You have to go for a second one.

two coats

The second coat will make a huge difference but for complete opacity, go for a third one.

three coats

You can see that this polish is beautiful. Completely opaque with three coats, shiny and beautiful. Sadly, without a good top coat not long lasting. That is why I added seche vite on top.

three coats + seche vite

Since this polish already has a shiny finish, the difference is not huge but you can see it.

This is a vibrant polish. Some will love it and others will hate it. But the colour is there. That means that every chip will show immediately. Here is where we come to the bad part. Longevity. Without a base and a top coat it won't last a day. If you apply them, it will last longer, not long, but longer.
You need three coats which doesn't have to be a problem since it dries quickly but then again, a lot of people would say that it isn't worth the time. I don't know why but except for the yellow one, all the polishes that I bought had problems with longevity?

Now when you know how pretty it is with all its flaws, it is up to you to decide if you want it.

Have you tried any of these polishes? How did they work for you?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007




No comments:

Post a Comment