Saturday 16 February 2013

Aveeno Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum

I bought this 30 ml bottle of Aveeno Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum on cheapsmells for about 2 GBP ($3.50, 2.50 Euros). It was on sale and I heard a lot of good things about Aveeno from American and UK bloggers and youtubers. Naturally, I had to try it.


Aveeno is a Johson&Johnson brand with naturally active ingredients specifically formulated to reveal natural, healthy, beautiful skin.


This serum is supposed to hydrate your skin leaving it looking younger (if your skin is more mature) or postpone its ageing (if you are just starting your battle against wrinkles and fine lines).

 Aveeno Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum, with natural Shitake mushroom- long believed to grant vigor and enhance vitality- works with your skin's unique chemistry to fight the signs of ageing. This concentrate of active ingredients adapts to your skin to enhance natural cell renewal process, replenishing surface cells faster so your skin looks and feels younger. It's proven to visibly increase skin firmness and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in just 4 weeks, leaving your skin immediately softer, smoother and more vibrant. Silky fluid texture. Fast absorbing, Non-comedogenic. Oil Free. Formulated to minimise the risk of allergies, even for sensitive skin. Dermatologist tested.



I agree wth the claims that it is oil free, silky fluid textured and fast absorbing. It will not crumb on you if you apply makeup after it. But I didn't like the smell of it at all. It was overpowering, too floral, mixed with chemicals...it didn't seem natural at all for me, plus- It stays on your skin and hands quite long.

I used this serum for about month and a half (in the morning and in the evening) and didn't see a huge difference on my skin. It has a pump on top and one or one and a half pump is enough for your whole face and neck, because it is so fluid textured. I don't have wrinkles but it didn't affect my pores a bit, and it didn't tighten my skin or made it dramatically smoother or softer. If I had such poor results with so little signs of ageing, I don't think that someone with more mature skin would have dramatically different or breathtaking results.
It did hydrate my skin but it wouldn't be able to cope with winter by itself (and I have oily skin, so for dry skin's it would be almost like they are not applying anything). It must be followed with a cream. I used it up but with day and night creams in the end.
I wouldn't recommend this product or buy it again!


Ingredients:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vynil Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PPG-10 Cetyl Ether, Steareth-21, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrolized Wheat Gluten, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Mucor Miehei Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Algae Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Calcium Chloride, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrytil Tetra di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Ethylparaben, Parfum.

I am not an expert for the ingredients but these don't seem so natural for me?!
In my opinion, ignore this serum because it is not ageless or hydrating enough.

Have you tried this serum or anything else from Aveeno?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment