Sunday 28 April 2013

Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture 24H eye cream

You know how when you are really young you can apply makeup whereever and however you want and you will look great? Well, a day comes when area around your eyes will show first signs of ageing when your foundation will settle in those fine lines. I am dealing with those first signs also, which results in me always looking for a good weapon to fight them off! Although this cream I am writing about today isn't promising miraculous disappearing of your wrinkles and fine lines, I thought I would try it because I always need more moisture in that area. And if the skin is well moisturized, it will look younger, right? At least in my mind.


During an Elizabeth Arden weekend on Cheapsmells I decided to get it. It comes in a small 15 ml/0.50 oz pot which I actually like but some people probably won't because these containers aren't completely hygienic since you are using your fingers every time you apply the cream. I don't mind that because I always wash my hands before it and it doesn't change the fact that this is a great product!


As I said, I found it an bought it at Cheapsmells for less than 20 Euros on a sale, but it is available right now for their regular price of 19.12 Euros/16.21 GBP/24.72 USD, which in my opinion is a good price (plus shipping around 2/2.50 Euros).


As you can see above, the manufacturer promises:
A rich emollient protective formula for a difference you can see and feel. Skin becomes softer, smoother, and more luminous. 




And from my experience, all of the claims are true! You really do get Perpetual moisture.



It has a very light texture but it is definitely a cream and not a gel. It sinks fast into the skin which makes applying makeup after it a dream. At least to me it didn't cause any problems with that. You need a very small amount of product to sooth and moist your eye area.


When I started using it, I was applying it mornings and evenings which worked great but then I bought Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum and started applying it in the evenings, so now I love this combination. My eye area looks great (but as I said, I don't have wrinkles, only fine lines for now). For all of you who have tried EL serum, the texture is similar to EA eye cream but the finish isn't. EL serum sinks more like a gel, and EA cream has a creamy but not greasy feeling.

ingredients

And to answer your questions. Did I like it and would I buy it again? My answers are YES and definitely YES!

I haven't bought a new pot yet because I don't like to continue with a product immediately when I finish an old one, not because it is not a good product, but because I like to keep my skin guessing-what now? I also like to try new products but I would buy this one again. When I use this one up, I am going back to my EA Time Capsules which I already reviewed.

What is your favorite eye cream?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007



2 comments:

  1. Izgleda divno ova kremica! Da ju barem mogu pomirisati preko ekrana! (jako se oslanjam na osjetilo njuha u životu :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni i je divna. Dobro si me podsjetila, uopće se nisam referirala na miris, ali to je zato što gotovo da i nema nikakav :)

      Delete