Saturday 22 February 2014

LUSH of the week: Melting Marshmallow Moment- luxury bath melt


Hello everyone!

Today I'll be writing about Lush. My Lush posts were previously called Love Lush, but since I am tough on them (although I really do love Lush), I decided to change the name to Lush of the week. I will certainly have enough material to write about, since I had a Lush frenzy during the 50% off sale after Christmas, which you can read about- here.


This is what I am talking about... Lush- Melting Marshmallow Moment- luxury bath melt (MMM).


When I saw it in the shop in all his pink glory, I just couldn't resist. And the scent of it is also amazing. I can't really describe it, but it makes me feel so comfortable. I suggest to smell it prior to buying it because it fills up the whole room.


Luxury bath oils, MMM included, aren't luxurious because of a rich foam. They are luxurious because of the oils and butters that they contain, which make your water rich and creamy leaving your skin soft. To use them, first decide to take a bath and run yourself a hot bath, drop your melt in the tub while the taps are running. Then just enter your tub and enjoy!


This is how Lush describes it:
This candy-scented bath melt is perfect for moisturising even the youngest and most delicate of skins.

Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment brings to mind dolly mixtures and candy floss, so it’s no surprise it’s popular with children of all ages. In fact, its gentle moisture-infusing ingredients are ideal for young, delicate, or irritated skins.


Let me demonstrate:
For purpose of this post I used only MMM, although I combine bath melts and bubble bars to get the best from both worlds. Creamy, nourishing water and luxurious foam. I don't use the whole piece, I cut it in half and add half of the melt and a piece of a bubble bar (the size of the piece depends of the bubble bar I am using).

we are starting...
a few moments later


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cocoa Butter, Laureth 4, Almond Oil, Water, Chamomile Powder, Marshmallow Powder, Marigold Powder, Synthetic Musk, Benzyl Benzoate, Methyl Ionone, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200


This product is, of course, available in Lush stores. A 100 g piece will cost you 3.95 GBP, 3.5 oz 7.95 $, and in Germany a 100 g piece will cost you 5.95 Euros. The price is high but I bought mine during the 50% off Christmas sale and paid that price for two pieces. I will be enjoying them since I also got them in my bigger Christmas boxes.

final result

And now my impressions:
I really like MMM because it does make the water softer and creamier which makes my skin thankful for it after a longer bath, but, I do need to apply a cream or a moisturizer after my bath. The thing I don't like is that it lacks foam. For me the whole bath experience is more fun and luxurious if the foam is included. On the other hand, I must admit that it changes the quality of water and smells divine. Would I pay a full price for it? I don't know.. It is a kind of a decadent product, but I do like it and would buy it again on sale.

What about you? Have you tried MMM or other luxury bath melts?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

2 comments:

  1. kako mi nedostaju njihovi proizvodi! sad su mi na wl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ja volim Lush. Ponavljam se, ali nema mi do Christmas eve pjenuĊĦave kupke! Pozdrav!

      Delete