Monday 21 April 2014

Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Cream to Powder foundation

I am a bit late, but I would like to wish you all a happy Easter! I hope it was a nice one and that you were surrounded with loved ones.


It has been a while since my last makeup related post so I decided to change that. As a result, you'll be reading about an Avon foundation today.


Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Cream to Powder foundation was bought a long time ago, after my good experience with the liquid foundation from the same line. If you are interested in it, my review about it is here. I am not usually crazy about creamy foundations because they often don't get along great with my extremely oily T-zone but I was curious to see if this one will act differently since it promises to have powdery finish?


It comes in a black, plastic container that reminds me of an usual powder or blush packaging, but a little thicker than usual. That is because it has three compartments (mirror, powder and a place for rubbery sponge). It contains 9g of product.


The texture of this powder is creamy and a bit greasy, but when you aplly it to your face it gets drier and  powdery. It applies nicely and blends well on the face. Although it comes with a sponge, I didn't use it. I applied it with a foundation brush. It seemed that if I applied it with a sponge, the sponge would soak in too much product. I don't recommend applying it with fingers directly from the container for hygienic reasons, but I did use fingers in the end to even it out on my skin.


The shade that I chose is NUDE. A bit light but workable. It has a yellow undertone.


It is marketed as a full covearge but really natural foundation. In my opinion it offers medium coverage with a possibility to achieve almost full coverage, but if you apply too much, you can end up with a cake face. I don't have many imperfections, I need it mostly to even out my skin tone and it is good for that. My main concern are large pores. This one, if not applied right, likes to go into them but if you blend it enough, that will not be a problem.


What I like the least about it is that with oily skin, it kind of vanishes from the face. In the evening, it seems like I didn't apply any foundation in the morning. Also, it fails mobile phone test miserably, leaving marks all over it. You can prolonge the wear of it by setting it with a powder, which is what I do.

nude-swatch

As I said, I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. In an hour of applying it, if you don't set it with a powder, you can see signs of shiny skin, and in two hours there will be no doubt about the type of skin you have. And for dry patches, well it is friendlier to them, but in my opinion it is best for normal skin type.
The other thing I have to mention is that it will not last you very long if you wear it on day to day bases. Mine is almost gone after a little bit more than a month of daily use.


You can buy it from your Avon lady and in Croatia it is currently on sale for 49 kunas (about 8.89 $, 6.43 Euros, 5.30 GBP) and its regular price is 80 kunas (about 14.52 $, 10.49 Euros, 8.65 GBP). It expires in 24 months from opening.


So, in my opinion this is not a bad foundation but it would be best for normal skin type. I found a way for it to be good for my oily skin as well but it wouldn't be my first choice. So, no, I wouldn't buy it again.

Active ingredients: OCTINOXATE 6.31% i TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16%.
Other ingredients: PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, DIISOPROPYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CETYL RICINOLEATE, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, SILICA, TRIBEHENIN, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, ETHYLENE/METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALUMINA, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL, TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, BORON NITRIDE, CETEARYL DIMETHICONE, CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, KAOLIN, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN.
May contain: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891, MICA/CI 77019, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163.

Have you tried it? How did you like it? Would you buy it?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007 

No comments:

Post a Comment