Tuesday 6 January 2015

AVON Senses Garden of Eden body scrub

Although I bought this scrub from the "until stock lasts" pages of Avon's catalogue, I spotted it in their newest campaign, in a slightly redesigned packaging. My 200 ml tube costed 17 kunas (about 2.21 Euros/1.73 GBP/2.63$), its original price is 33 kunas (about 4.29 Euros/3.37 GBP/5.11$) and it is currently reduced and costs 19 kunas (about 2.47 Euros/1.94 GBP/2.94$). Other Senses body scrubs are also currently on sale.


Its outside and inside is quite tropical. The packaging is hot pink and green with leaves and water, and the scrub itself smells tropical, as a combination of floral and fruity scents.


I think that  as far as its scent is concerned, it is perhaps a product better suited for spring and summer, but since I try to use up products when I open them, I used it up now, although we are in full winter. It leaves my bathroom with a very fresh scent which stays there for a while... Avon says it is exhilarating which it is, it really has some "I'm full of energy" feel to it, and if you are more into soft, warm and vanilla or sugar scented stuff, maybe you should skip this one.


The scrub itself has a pink gel like texture with small pink particles in it, which aren't bad. Let me explain. When I first opened this product I tried it out on my dry hands and I could really feel those particles working, so much that it surprised me. But when used as described under the shower, on wet skin, it loses that quite abrasive feel and becomes much "softer" and lighter. It rinses off very easy with water. I prefer  "harder", more abrasive body scrubs which also contain oils in them, because then you remove dead skin cells and instantly nourish that young skin underneath. So, Garden Of Eden is not my type, at least in Avon's body scrub way.


The other thing that you saw in the first picture is a loofah sponge, also from Avon, from their breast cancer awarness permanent line. I love it!!! The way it looks (baby pink awww...), the way it feels (also cleans your skin kind of like a scrub) and the way it performs (foams up any body cleanser in a second). I will buy it again for sure. It costs 10 kunas (about 1.30 Euros/1 GBP/1.55$).

ingredients: aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, polyethylene, polysorbate 20, acrylates copolymer, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide mea, sodium chloride, parfum, tetrasodium EDTA, benzophenone-3, sodium hydroxide, tocopheryl acetate, alcohol denat, methylchloroisothiazolinone, acetate, alcohol denat., methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, Cl 17200, linalool, limonene

That is it for this topic from me. What about you? Have you tried this or any other Senses body scrubs? Did you like them? Interested?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007

I bought this product with my own money and I am not affiliated with Avon in any way. Not even an Avon lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment