Saturday 17 January 2015

CAUDALIE Polyphenol (C 15) anti-wrinkle eye and lip cream

I love Caudalie as a brand. Ok, as always, there are products that you like more than the others, but I never really had a bad experience with them in a way that their product completely disappointed me. After finishing my eye cream, I had no clue what I want to buy next so I played it safe and bought Caudalie Polyphenol (C15) anti-wrinkle eye and lip cream (Anti-oxidant, smoothes fine lines, corrects dark circles- as they claimed). Mine was bought on HqHair for 30% less, and its full price is 26 GBP. In Croatia it is also available- here, and its full price is actually lower. You can get it for 247 kunas (about 31.80 Euros/24.44 GBP/37.23 $).


I am hearing and reading more and more about this line but when I bought it, it was because it was a Caudalie product that claimed to be anti-age and anti fatigue for eye and lip area. As a woman in her early thirties who sleeps far too little, I am always on a hunt for a product that will help with looking fresh daily, and prolonge my youthful skin in a long run. For now, my mother's good genes are still keeping me looking younger but that lack of sleep could fight them hard, especially without any help of a good cream. This baby comes in a 15 ml green tube.


Caudalie claims that this double-action gel-cream reduces dark circles and smoothes the area around the eyes and lips. The Polyphenol + Vitamin C anti-oxidant, anti-wrinkle formula is enriched with Matrixyl 3000 and fern, horse chestnut, liquorice and witch hazel extracts. Instantly tightening, smoothing and moisturising. (-25% crow feet and 81% dark circles diminished, which numbers are results of clinical trials)
Fragrance-free. Non-photosensitizing. Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
Apply morning and evening, to eye contour and lips.
 


By my experience, this white gel-cream has a very light texture, but not watery. It applies wonderfully on the skin where it disapperas in a few seconds. Since it is so light, I was afraid that it will not be hydrating and nourishing enough, especially for winter months, but it surprised me and actually became one of my favorites for the year of 2014. It definitely helped with signs of stress and fine lines in my case. Again, I don't have wrinkles, and my crow feet aren't that bad, my skin is oily but eye area can be dry. This winter that didn't happen, although I must say that in Croatia there were just a few really cold, snowy and windy days uptil now. Since it sinks into the skin very quickly, it is a great morning-before makeup product.


I used this cream exclusively in the morning and evening and applied it on my eye area. I wasn't too happy tu put it on my lips because the thought of a cream on them isn't that appealing for me. I was afraid that it will taste or smell wrong but had to try that and was very surprised that that didn't happen. I just got a confirmation of how good this cream is, because it left my lips nourished and velvety smooth. I don't think that this cream has a scent, maybe a tiny, tiny bit but if I wasn't a blogger, I would have never even noticed it.


Ingredients:
Vitamin C Ester, Matrixyl & Concentrated Polyphenols
AQUA (WATER), GLY CERIN*, BUTYLE NE GLY COL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, CAPRYLI C/CAPRIC TRIGLY CERIDE*, CETEARYL ALCOHOL*, HY DROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL*, PEG-20 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE*, PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, CARBOMER, CYATHEA CUMINGII LEAF EXTRACT*, CAPRYLYL GLY COL, TOCOPHEROL*, ESCIN*, AMMONIUM GLY CYRRHIZATE*, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) LEAF EXTRACT*, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT*, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM HY DROXIDE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, SODIUM PHY TATE*, POLYS ORBATE 20, ACRYL ATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYL ATE CROSSPOLY MER, GLY CERYL CAPRYL ATE*, CINNAMIC ACID*, LEVULINIC ACID*, SODIUM LEVULINATE*, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7. (141/020) * Origine végétale - Plant origin.


Caudalie is a brand that tends to go organic and natural, and if you are that way too, you will be glad to hear that this cream is free of parabens, mineral oils, phtalates, sulfates...


There are three more products available from this Polyphenol line: serum, fluid and oil, which I am definitely interested in, and two of them (serum and oil) are already on their way to me. 

I think that my verdict is clear. I love this product and would and will buy it again.

What about you? Interested? Have you tried anything from this line? Do you like Caudalie as a brand? What is your current or favorite eye cream?

Tell me…

Love, beautyandbrains007

1 comment: