Saturday 20 June 2015

My May 2015. Favourites!!!

I am well aware of the fact that it is almost the end of June, but I wanted to tell you about my May favourites and also wanted to write a few reviews before my monthly favourites post. That is why my May favourites are on todays menu. I don't have many of them but I really, really LOVED THEM ALL!!!


I'll start with make-up....


Probably my number one favourite was Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm in the shade Crush... 


Beautiful red/plum shade that I am completely obsessed with! I love this shade, the way it looks on my fair skin and with my blonde hair, the vibrancy and freshness it gives me, the fact that you can wear it quite dark or just as a flush... Ugh, I LOVE IT!!! 


I got countless compliments while wearing it, partly because it is beautiful and partly because I feel so beautiful with it. It is a perfect choice for all of you who don't wear lipsticks because you hate to reapply them all the time. This one will fade with drinking and eating, but will still give a beutiful flush/tint to your lips! It made me go out of my comfort "nude" zone and I am so glad it did... If you get a chance to try it, please do...


When I wanted my lips to look more toned down, I used my Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in the shade Imaginaire.... 


This is not my first tube of it and I think that this is an amazing choice if you just want to slightly emphasize your lips, and to do so, wear it on its own. Or, you can play with it and pair it with other light or dark lipstick. If you apply it just on the center of your lips it will look amazing and will give them more dimension. I wore it on its own and in combination with Crush, loved it and would recommend it! It is a high end choice, but a very good one.


The last make-up favourite of mine from the month of May is Nyx's blush in the shade Peach. Loved the simplicity and freshness that it gave to my face. This is a light coral and pink shade. On my fair skin it appears as my natural flush and a light accent. In my opinion, it would also look so fresh on darker skin tones. The blush is matte, which makes it a good choice for oily skin. Its longevity is OK, not as good as my Hourglass blush, but it is nice and compact so you can wear it around with you in your bag and reapply it when needed.


We are still staying on the face products, but moving on to skincare.


In May, the skin on my face was, like the weather, super moody. Although it's mostly combination with oily t-zone, parts of my face were really dry, even flaky, especially on my nose. That wasn't a pretty sight so I decided to find something to fight dryness with. And I did.  
It came in my January Lookfantastic Beauty Box and it was Nuxe Maque Creme Fraiche- 24HR Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh face mask for all skin types. It is amazing!!! It hydrates and nourishes, and immediately after applying it, you can see a difference in your skin. I think that this product definitely deserves a post of its own, so I will tell you more about it in the future.


And my last May favourite is a coconut milk body cream from Alba Botanica. Honestly, if there wasn't a 50% discount in DM that all the Croatian bloggers were talking and writing about, I would have never tried it, or anything else from this brand. This is an excellent bodycare product which leaves my skin nice, soft and nourished, but not greasy. I bought some other Alba Botanica products aswell so I am planning to write a post about them with short reviews about the ones I already tested.


That was it for my May favourites... How do you like them? Have you tried any of them? What were your May favourites?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007


For Croatian version of this post click here

No comments:

Post a Comment