Wednesday 22 July 2015

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads x28

A few weeks ago, I told you that I am a proud owner of Feelunique's Radiant Skin beauty box and promised you that I'll review products inside of it. I already knew that Caudalie's Beauty Elixir really is a miracle in a bottle, but today I will tell you a little bit more about First Aid Beauty (FAB) Facial Radiance Pads.


Although they are called pads, FAB says that they are much more, a gentle daily renewal treatment.


They also claim that this treatment brightens, tones and exfoliates the skin and should be used in the morning or/and evening after cleansing and before moisturising, on your face, neck and decollete area.


First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads contain just the right amount of lactic and glycolic acids to make them safe and effective for daily use. Cucumber and Indian gooseberry tone the skin, while lemon peel and licorice root leave the skin bright and glowing. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are free of parabens, harsh chemicals and colourants. These pads are ideal for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin.



My 28 pads come in a travel friendly plastic container, which closes nicely so that your pads keep being new and moist enough from the time you start using them to the moment you use them up (of course, if you are continuously using them).


They first come sealed with a foil.


When you touch them with your fingers you can feel their texture and how moist they are. Enough for you to know that they are performing their thing on your face but not too much, in a way that would be too wet or overwhelming. What I am trying to say is that they are soaked in just right amount of product. :)


They have two different sides. One has some texture, with "ridges", which indicates that it will be more abrasive and rugged, and it is, but it is not rough in any way. On a contrary, it is very mild, so much that at first I was even a bit disappointed because I was expecting a primarily exfoliating product.


...and the other one, a smooth side which is also very kind to the skin. I use the more texturizing side first and then turn over my pad and repeat everything with the smooth side. In my opinion, the fact that both sides are so mild and that this pads don't contain harsh chemicals or alcohol, makes them so versatile for any skin type, even dry and/or sensitive skin.


Because of their softness and lack of alcohol, I wasn't sure that these pads did anything for my skin. Remember, for some reason I was concentrated to get an exfoliating product, which I expected to be more rough (mechanically, becuase they were texturized pads) and chemically as well, with the acids that they contain. But instead I bought a very calm, soft and mild exfoliator that will show its colours during time. After about three weeks from when I started using them, the compliments for the appearance of my skin were more often in my life.

Ingredients: Water/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian Gooseberry) Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20.

FAB states that you can use them once or twice a day (in the morning and evening), which also shows how mild they are. I used them once a day, as a part of my evening routine, and in my opinion that is enough. My skin is combination to oily and I didn't experience any dryness, but even if your skin is dry and/or sensitive I don't think that these pads would dry it out a bit.


So, you won't see instant results but through time you should the difference in freshness and brightness of your skin. At least I did. I can't say that my pores are fully erased, my fine lines weren't very visible to begin with, but the overall appearance of my skin is much brighter and nicer.

my first time using them was a bit messy ;)
smooth side

This is not a neccessary step in your routine and you don't have to run and buy these pads, but in my opinion, a product like this would be welcome to go through a couple of times a year, every few months. My container came, as I earlier mentioned, in feelunique's beauty box, but you can buy it there separately for 12 GBP- link. If you do, look for some kind of discount code because feelunique always has some special offer or codes going on. There is nothing bad in spending less money. ;) You will need it for other beauty or fashion things in your life. :)

Is this something for you? Have you tried any of the First Aid Beauty products? Any recommendations?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007


For Croatian version of this post click here



4 comments: